Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Christmas shopping

Heath and I braved the traffic and went Christmas shopping today. The stores were pretty quiet. I refuse to go on Friday. My life means more to me than the fabulous doorbuster sales going on.
We went to Kmart and put a lot of stuff on layaway. The kids are getting harder to buy for these days. It was nicer when they were little and any kind of toy would do. Now they want IPods, stereos, Wii games, movies, make-up, etc. Oh I wish I could go back to Fisher-Price toys.
I still need to buy for Heath, Stella, and my family. Plenty of time before Christmas to brave the crowds, but I think I might just stick to the internet.
We put up the Christmas lights on Monday and they look decent. Half my strands don't work, so we weren't able to put up lights on the dormer windows. But we decorated more of the trees. It looks festive, that's all that matters. We are planning on putting up the tree on Friday or Saturday.
Ryan is performing for the Christmas Lighting Ceremony Saturday night and Austin might be performing with the drumline during the day. Busy day. Looking forward to the holidays so we can all relax.

No comments:

Post a Comment