Friday, December 11, 2009

Ryan and wrestling

Ryan came home from school last week with a note. He said, "Mom, I want to do this. I'll fill it out." Wait, what? What are you filling out? I took the note from him and it was sign-ups for Little League Wrestling.
Wrestling? Since when was this ever a sport that we follow in our house? We are all about soccer, football, and baseball. I've been to wrestling tournaments. They pop shoulders and elbows out of the sockets. They get cracked ribs, pulled muscles, broken appendages. This was so not my thing.
But, I can't keep him from trying something new and he might turn out to be really good at it. (Not a lot of confidence in my kids, huh?) Well, he's had two practices so far and Heath reports that he spends a lot of time talking with the other kids then actually wrestling, but he is learning some moves. He's shown me moves like Barb Wire, Cowboy something-or-other, Cross Face, and other moves I can't name.
He seems to be enjoying himself which is what it all comes down to anyway. I'm still not too sure, but I'll try to be supportive.



2 comments:

  1. Hey Becca! I feel the same way about wrestling! I sure hope our boy(s) don't choose it, but a couple of my brothers wrestled and Dirk wrestled through high school! Yikes. I glad I met him after all of his matches were through...haha! Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hmm, I guess if it's what he wants to do, then good for him!

    ReplyDelete