Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Nephi on Lockdown

It was pretty intense yesterday while picking kids up from school. I got there like usual when my neighbor came knocking on my window and told me we had to go into the school to pick up our kids because the school was on lockdown.
Apparently, the man who shot the Millard County deputy has a girlfriend or family member here and the police thought he might be hiding out at her house. The house was a block away from Nebo View Elementary (my kids go to Red Cliffs, thankfully).
So, I took my kids to the newspaper with my mom, grabbed a camera, and went to the media setup to get a picture. I waited for about fifteen minutes and the cops opened the roadblock. They didn't find the suspects. Heath was with me and we drove down to the house and tried to get pictures of the Utah Co. SWAT searching the premises. Not much going on.
My kids weren't told anything at the school and they came out nervous and scared, asking me all kinds of questions. I guess I told them too much because Ryan came into our room last night, about 10:30-11:00, telling us he heard noises in the kitchen. It was the dishwasher. He ended up sleeping in Em's room.
I hate that my kids have to live in a world where people do things like this, murder. It was too close to home for my comfort. I hope they catch him soon and let the rest of us breathe easier.

No comments:

Post a Comment